I was given one of these for Christmas and I think they would make a great gift idea for the one you love to add to their home or travel kit.
It is a push-down bottle opener. Mine is in brushed aluminium but they come in various materials and colours. You can buy one for around 10 bucks AUD.
The video below shows one in action….but hey, it’s not rocket science. You push down to open the bottle and a magnet in the base captures the top for you.
To be honest it is probably not much more efficient ergonomically than a simple lever opener. And it does take up a little more space. What it does do, is eliminate those piles of annoying bent bottle tops (that’s important right?).
Besides, for the cool-gadget wow factor alone it is worth it. IMHO.
Oh and just in case you were wondering…the pizza in the picture above is fresh fig, caramelised onion, rosemary and goats cheese. It was delicious even if I do say so myself, totally simple to prepare, and a perfect accompaniment to the beer.
- 4-6 fresh figs, sliced.
- 150g goat cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Supermarket pizza base.
- 1 tbs olive oil.
- 2-3 tbsp (be generous) caramelised onion. I made my own….its simple.
- Olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Brush a thin coat of olive oil on the dough.
- Spread caramelised onion over pizza.
- Strategically arrange the fig slices.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese evenly across the top.
- Finish with mozzarella cheese and rosemary.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (keep an eye on it).